Search This Blog

Friday 29 April 2011

Self-storage

I live quite close to one of those 'self-storage' units that let you store your belongings. I've often wondered if anyone has taken the self-storage wording too literally though. Could the companies be libel for trade description if they turned people away who wanted to store themselves? Probably not, but it would be funny to see anyway.



The above cartoon was inspired partly by self-storage units, but also by the basic human urge to climb into any cardboard box that will accommodate you. If you've never done this before, well, I don't believe you.

I was 18 here. There's no excuse for the
hair-cut though.

6 comments:

Mrs. Fidget said...

I work at a self-storage facility and i find this VERY funny.

Lainey said...

Hi Mrs Fidget

Glad you enjoyed the post :)

Unknown said...

Haha! I love that literal representation of ‘self-storage’! Anyway, it’s not comfortable to be in a box, but it can be good hiding place for a couple of minutes. Just be sure no one will tape it up when you’re hiding, or else who knows what might happen.

-Ericka Muldowney

Unknown said...

I actually saw this same cartoon on the wall of the office in Richmond, VA's self storage. I actually never thought of it that way, but I do find it pretty funny. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am too living near my storage unit which is helping me a lot in storing all my belongings to the storage unit.
self storage twickenham

Unknown said...

Albuquerque units have proper arrangement of keeping all luggage’s with video monitoring system. They are perfect for all kinds of storage like indoor or outdoor.