Search This Blog

Friday 26 November 2010

Why I shouldn't be allowed to talk to people.

The latest development craze at work is having another colleague watch you work, or shadow you. So, Publisher asks me if I would mind having another member of the team shodow me. The conversation went something like this:

Publisher: Do you mind being shadowed by the new team member?
 Me: Not at all.
Publisher: Ok, so when would be a good time for you?
Me: Next week?

Refinements of timings are discussed.

Publisher: So, how long do you think it will take?
Me: Oh, not long, it's kinda boring.

Realising that I had inadvertantly called Publisher's idea of shadowing stupid, I then proceeded to mumble something along the lines of meaning that I meant it would be boring for the new team member. Unfortunately, this came out as calling the new team member boring.

This is how I managed to insult Publisher's idea, and simultaneously alienate my colleagues in one short conversaion, and why I shouldn't be allowed to talk to people.

I wasn't asked for coffee at break-time.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh dear. Made me laugh though!