Search This Blog

Thursday 2 December 2010

Work Christmas Meeting

Work has announced that the company christmas meeting is in a couple of weeks. The format is usually quite formal in the morning with the customary meetings, followed by lunch and a disco for the afternoon. Sounds all rather jolly. However, as the meeting is 'compulsary for everyone unless you have pre-arranged holiday booked,' this to me just sounds like 'There is a company meeting, and you will have fun or face a discipinary.'

The meetings and lunch sounds fine to me, but I am dreading the disco part. This is primarily because watching me dance is like witnessing a horrific epileptic fit, and there's nothing you can do about it except maybe shove a sock in my mouth to stop me swallowing my own tongue.



 My only hope is that my complete lack of kinaesthesia may influence future company meetings, and spare other people the embarrassment that is the 'work do.'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't confirm or deny this as in the past decade I have never ever seen my wife dance. Perhaps she does in her sleep that would explain the bruises!

Paula said...

I don't think I've ever seen you dance either and I've known you your entire life!

Anonymous said...

Same goes for me and I am your Mother!

Anonymous said...

Plenty of alcohol at lunch will help the cordination !
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Now I`ve impressed myself by leaving a comment, thought I would write more. Great blog, very amusing, really like the photo of you with the dogs.
Lynn

Lainey said...

I don't dance near you all for safety reasons - My flailing limbs coming toward you isn't the most reassuring sight.